NALA’s regional team will be North Alabama's most committed lacrosse players. This is NALAs most competitive program, featuring professional coaches, southeastern travel for games and GBYLA hosted games. There will be tryouts for this team.
The season will involve 5-8 weekends of travel for games from February to May. Travel will be anywhere from 2-5 hours including Birmingham, Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Atlanta and Mobile. Most of our trips will be to Birmingham.
- Dates - December 8 and 10
- 12u Birth Years - 5:00 - 7:00 PM
- 14u Birth Years - 7:00 - 9:00 PM
- Location - Merrimack Turf Fields
- Address - 3217 Ivy Avenue, Huntsville
Players will be notified of tryout decisions by Dec 12
- Scrimmages - 1st weekend of February
- February 13 - Games start
- April 25 - Regular season games end
- May 1 - GBYLA Youth Jamboree
Spring break will be an option for both Madison and Huntsville families. Games will be blocked off for the first Saturday of each city school spring break.
Game Weekends During Spring Break
- March 13th - Madison City Schools
- March 27th - Huntsville City Schools, Madison Academy, Randolph
These teams will have a professionally paid head coach that will enhance skill development and club standardization. Practices will be both rewarding and challenging, teaching players team strategy, discipline and fundamentals.
- January 11th - Practices start
- Frequency - 2 times per week
- April 26th - Last practice week